- Baby monkey wearing a diaper and holding a tiny ear of corn.
- Door-to-door henna artist who wanted to trade designs for roasted butternut squash and some words of encouragement.
- Pecan pie (fully intact and warm and wrapped and not poisonous) on the hood of my car. I felt like I needed to add the “fully intact and warm and wrapped and not poisonous” since we were gifted a pecan pie against our garage back in 2009 and it looked exactly like this:
- Light snow falling and sticking to my eyelashes as I stroll across a parking lot wearing clogs and handknit socks (and pants and a shirt, obviously. I’m not a gymnosophist!) before entering a restaurant where the only thing on the menu is an assortment of fruit and warm caramel for dipping. (I learned the word gymnosophist last week and have been waiting for a moment like this.)
- Baby moose hanging out with its mother on the side of a mountain and Hey! Is that a waffle bar less than 100 feet away? Why, it is!